Mexican rice is a side dish I often make to accompany the many Mexican meals that my family love. I was excited to give this cheesy quick queso rice a try. It’s got a nice kick to it alson with a tasty cheesy factor.
The cheesiness in this rice comes from a can of fiesta nacho cheese soup and shredded cheddar cheese. Also, you use chicken broth instaed of water when making this. This is a much better option for adding flavor. Then there is salsa added in there too.
Instant rice is the rice used to make this. That is what helps make this so quick to put together. This side dish is ready to enjoy in about 15 minutes.
- 1 (10.75 oz) can Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups instant rice
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2 qt. saucepan, mix the soup and broth together and bring to a boil.
- Add in the rice, cheese and salsa. Stir to combine. Cover the pan and remove from heat.
- Allow to stand for 5-8 minutes, until rice is cook and most of the liquid is absorbed. Serves 4.
- Category: sides
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
This recipe is adapted from Plain Chicken.