This is another one of the recipes from the Kraft Foods/Sam’s Club dinner planner. I have seen pasta recipes before that use cream cheese to create the white sauce, but have never tried them. I’ve always stuck with a butter and cream combo.
This quick pasta carbonara dish was easy to prepare and very tasty. The whole family ate it up. I made one and a half recipes for my family of 5. The other great thing is this recipe is said to cost 94 cents a serving. My favorite part was the crispy bacon! Yum! I served it with a tossed salad and my recipe for easy cheesy rolls.
I also checked the recipe out at Kraft.com to find out the nutrition info. It’s not bad considering it’s a pasta dish with a white sauce. It’s probably much better for you than the recipe I make with butter and cream. If you used 1/3 less fat cream cheese, you’d even be better. The only thing I would change is to use a little more milk. The sauce was a little to thick for my Hubby.
Quick Pasta Carbonara
Real Mom Kitchen
- ½ lb. medium-size pasta like linguine or fettuccine
- 4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon chopped
- 4 oz. 1/2 of 8-oz. pkg. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
- ½ cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¾ cup milk I'd use a little more next time
- 1 cup frozen or canned peas I used frozen
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- COOK pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet until crisp; remove with slotted spoon to paper towels, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet.
- ADD remaining ingredients to drippings; cook on low heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended and heated through.
- DRAIN pasta; place in large bowl. Add cream cheese sauce and bacon; mix lightly. Serves 4.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in November 2017.