This post may contain affiliate links.
These ground beef potluck pockets are another recipe for you that uses pitas. A homemade version of pitas is something I hope to make soon. When I do, I will be sure to share it with you.
This is a recipe I have been making for a while and is a family favorite. Taste of Home magazine is where a found this recipe years ago. The pockets are filled with a delicious savory beef filling.
Then you drizzle it with a sauce. You may not like this one if you are not a fan of salty because this recipe is quite salty. So if you are not a fan of salty you may want to adjust the recipe a little. Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce is where the salty flavor comes. So if you want it less salty, be sure to use reduced sodium soy sauce. This will be a great recipe for warm weather. It’s all made on the stove top! With about 30 minutes, ground beef potluck pockets come together.
- GROUND BEEF
- GREEN PEPPER
- WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- SOY SAUCE
- GARLIC POWDER
- GROUND CUMIN
- ITALIAN SEASONING
- PITA BREADS
- WHITE VINEGAR
- ONION POWDER
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 6 pita breads, halved
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- dash of pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, cumin and Italian seasoning; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring sauce ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-10 minutes. Spoon meat mixture into pita halves; top with sauce, tomatoes and lettuce. Makes 6 servings
[…] found this Taste of Home recipe through Real Mom Kitchen, another favorite blog of mine, and have made it several times just in the last month. It is the […]
Made these for dinner with homemade pitas–they were fantastic and weren’t too salty for me. Thank you so much for sharing–I will definitely make this again!
These are serioulsy making me drool–I would just add a lot of lettuce if they were too salty–can’t wait to try!
We love homemade pitas at our house. This looks like a filling we would love. Can’t wait to try it!
oooh these look great! Love the sound of that sauce!