Here is another tasty way to cook that fabulous pot roast in a slow cooker! This one does include veggies so it really can be a great all in one meal.
This is just like the classic roast that my mom would make when I was growing up, but made in a slow cooker. I always loved to eat the potatoes with ketchup!
- 2–3 lb. chuck roast
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp galic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Place the roast in the crock pot.
- Then add potatoes and carrots around the roast.
- Pour broth in the crock pot. Then add enough of the water so the liquid covers the roast.
- Sprinkle seasonings over the vegetables and roast. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or 8 hours on low until roast is fork tender.
- Remove roast and veggies from crock pot. Pour juices into a sauce pan and thicken for gravy. I use a slurry or flour and water. Serves 5-6.
Recipe adapted from My Natural Family.