The last salad I have for you is one that is fruit coated with a sweet poppy seed dressing. Think of all the salads you have that include a poppy seed dressing and what fruits they include in them. This dressing works well on this fruit salad or can easily be used in a green salad with fruit too.
Most poppy seed dressings include some creamy ingredient like mayonnaise, but that isn’t the case with this one. However, you don’t miss it at all.
- PREPARED MUSTARD
- GREEN ONION
- CANOLA OIL
- POPPY SEEDS
- FRESH PINEAPPLE
- FRESH BLUEBERRIES
- FRESH STRAWBERRIES
- MANDARIN ORANGES
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp prepared mustard
- bottom half of 1 green onion, cut into 3 pieces
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 cups fresh cut pineapple
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 (11 oz) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- In a blender, add the vinegar, salt, sugar, mustard, and green onion. Process until well blended.
- Through the opening if the lid for your blender, drizzle the oil in the opening while running the blender. This will emulsify the dressing.
- Add the fruit to a large bowl and gently toss with enough dressing to coat the fruit.