The other day I was in the mood for something tropical, so I decided to create these pineapple cupcakes with pineapple cream cheese frosting. I started off with a cake mix of course. I decided to start with a golden vanilla cake mix.
After making the cake, I wished I would have used some pineapple juice in place of some of the water. I think it would have brought out the pineapple flavor a little more. Of course you could do the same thing with a pineapple cake mix too.
Then, I used a tub of the spreadable pineapple cream cheese as a base for the frosting. Yum! Of course these pineapple cupcakes with pineapple cream cheese frosting were even easier to make thanks to my Demarle cupcake pan.
P.S. don’t forget to go to yesterdays post to vote again and and get another entry in the giveaway!
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) golden vanilla cake mix (If you can find a pineapple cake mix, I think that would be yummy)
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Coconut Cream Instant Pudding
- 1 (8 oz.) can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) tub of PHILADELPHIA Pineapple Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- toasted coconut for topping (if desired)
- Prepare cake batter and blend dry pudding mix into batter. Fold in pineapple. Spooning batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Whisk in COOL WHIP. Spoon frosting into small freezer-weight resealable plastic bag; seal bag (or use a cake decorating bag with tip). Cut small corner off bottom of bag and insert tip.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.