The other day I was in the mood for something tropical, so I decided to create these pineapple cupcakes with pineapple cream cheese frosting. I started off with a cake mix of course. I decided to start with a golden vanilla cake mix.
After making the cake, I wished I would have used some pineapple juice in place of some of the water. I think it would have brought out the pineapple flavor a little more. Of course you could do the same thing with a pineapple cake mix too.
Then, I used a tub of the spreadable pineapple cream cheese as a base for the frosting. Yum! Of course these pineapple cupcakes with pineapple cream cheese frosting were even easier to make thanks to my Demarle cupcake pan.Print
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) golden vanilla cake mix (If you can find a pineapple cake mix, I think that would be yummy)
- 1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Coconut Cream Instant Pudding
- 1 (8 oz.) can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) tub of PHILADELPHIA Pineapple Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- toasted coconut for topping (if desired)
- Prepare cake batter and blend dry pudding mix into batter. Fold in pineapple. Spooning batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and butter in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Whisk in COOL WHIP. Spoon frosting into small freezer-weight resealable plastic bag; seal bag (or use a cake decorating bag with tip). Cut small corner off bottom of bag and insert tip.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.