Today, I am bring you that island flavor in the form of a tropical salad called pina colada fluff salad. This really could also qualify as a dessert.
It’s one of those creamy base salads that incorporates the flavors you would find in a pina colada, which happens to be a favorite drink of mine. There’s just something about that coconut pineapple combo that I just love.
Now, it all begins with mixing some dry instant pudding mixed with a undrained can of crushed pineapple. Once this is ready, you fold in some Cool Whip, mini marshmallows, sweetened shredded coconut. You can also mix in a little rum extract too. However, this is completely optional.
I like to serve with some toasted coconut on top. It adds a nice crunchy texture to the creamy fruity salad. Additionally, it adds a whole new level to the coconut flavor in the salad. You can toast coconut by placing it on a baking sheet in a 350 degrees F for 5-8 minutes.
- INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING
- CANNED CRUSHED PINEAPPLE
- COOL WHIP
- MINIATURE MARSHMALLOWS
- SHREDDED SWEETENED COCONUT
- RUM EXTRACT, OPTIONAL
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 oz) can crush pineapple, UNDRAINED
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 oz container cool whip
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 tsp rum extract, optional
- In a large bowl, mix together the pudding mix and crushed pineapple.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and chill until ready to serve. Serves 8-10.
Recipe adapted from Mom On Time Out.