This post may contain affiliate links.
Summer is the perfect time to get your kids involved in the kitchen. What a better way to get them wanting to cook if it’s a treat like these perfect chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate chip cookies are a classic recipe that everyone simply must know how to make. However, it is crazy at how many chocolate chip cookie recipes are out there. It is also crazy at how there can be so many variation in taste for a cookie that better much includes thae same list of ingredients.
This cookie recipe is called “perfect” because it has the perfect balance between a soft and chewy texture. The higher amount of brown sugar used in comparision to the regular ganulated sugar is what gives it the chewy texture. The butter being melted also adds to the chewiness factor of the cookie.
Now the softness of these perfect chocolate chip cookies comes in with the addition of cornstarch to the dough. The cornstarch give it a crumbly and tender dessert-like texture. Semi-swett chocolate is my chocolate of choice, but feel free to swap it for milk chocolate if that’s more your speed.
This cookie dough does need some chill time in the refrigerator before scooping and baking. However, it’s not for too long. It just needs a short 30 minutes.Print
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 30 cookies 1x
- 1 cup butter melted and cooled at least 10 minutes
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 yolks (room temperature preferred)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add melted butter and sugars. Stir until well combined.
- Add in the egg and egg yolk, stir well. Stir in vanilla extract.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt together.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the stand mixer. Mix well so that all the flour is absorbed. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place dough in refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 dergrees and prepare cookie sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough into 1 ½ tablespoon rounds and place onto prepared cookie sheets, placing at least 2″ apart.
- Bake at 350 degreea for 11 minutes. Cookies may still look slightly soft in the centers, that is OK, they will cook completely on the cookie sheets. Don’t over-bake or your cookies will be too hard.
- Allow to cool completely on cookie sheets. Makes 30 cookies
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Spend with Pennies.