Day 2 of spring brunch week is a different way to cook up scrambled. These are oven scrambled eggs and cheese. You bake 1 dozen scrambled eggs in the oven.
The eggs aslo include salt, dry mustard, and milk. This all gets whisked together until the eggs are frothy. Then comes the cheese. You will need 2 cups of shredded chaddar cheese. However, feel free to change up the type of cheese used to whatever you like. A combination of Monterry jack and cheedar would be tasty. I also think pepperjack would be equally delicous. It was add a little kick.
Once cooked, these eggs can easily be cut is to square servings. I love they can be cut into a nicely defined shape. You can get 6 to 8 servings from this. I usually do 6 servings from these oven scrambled eggs and cheese which gives each person a serving of 2 eggs.Print
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Add the melted butter to a 9×13 baking dish, turning the dish to coat the bottom. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the salt, mustard, and eggs until frothy. Whisk in the milk. Then stir in the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set. Remove from the oven and let sit for 2 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
Can serve topped with additional cheese or a dollop of sour cream.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Recipe adapted from CD Kitchen.