I love me some veggies and I often eat them for my lunch. Today, I am sharing the veggie recipe for oven roasted squash that I have created and been enjoy all summer. I ate it for my lunch, but it also makes a great side dish for the family.
The focus of this dish is squash. Then I add in some mushrooms, red bell pepper, and red onion for flavor and variation. For the squash I like to use one zucchini and one yellow summer squash. I do this for variety too, so you can just use 2 zucchini or 2 summer squash.
Next up is the seasoning. I always toss the veggies with a little olive oil. Then I have been using Kinder’s Buttery Steakhouse seasoning combination to give some added flavor. It is delish! After it cooks in the oven I finish it off with some salt and pepper. I like to use pink Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper.
Now, an alternative method for cooking the oven roasted squash is on the stove top. I do this occasionally. If I do this instead, then I cook it in a big skillet. I will also use butter instead of olive oil if I cook them this way.
- ZUCCHINI SQUASH
- YELLOW SUMMER SQUASH
- MINI RED PEPPERS
- RED ONION
- OLIVE OIL
- KINDER’S BUTTERY STEAKHOUSE SEASONING
Oven Roasted Squash
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 zucchini squash cut into half moons
- 1 yellow summer squash cut into half moons
- 3-4 mushrooms sliced
- 2 mini red peppers diced
- ¼ red onion diced
- olive oil
- Kinder's buttery steakhouse seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and add all the veggies to the tray.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss the vegetables to coat evenly with the oil. Be sure they are all coated.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with about 1 Tbsp of the seasoning and toss again.
- Bake at 400 until tender for about 20 minutes. Stir halfway through cooking. Season with salt and pepper to serve. Serves 4 as a side dish.
This recipe is a Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.