I love homemade bread but never make it because the process is too long. I just stick with many of my quick roll recipes. Not anymore! When I saw this recipe for One Hour Wheat Bread posted by Chelsea on Mmm…Café. I had to try it. Homemade hot wheat bread from the oven in an hour! Yes it is possible!
Now it took me about 1 hour and 15 minutes, but that is still amazing. My bread took longer to raise in the oven. It took about 30 minutes. Other than that, everything went according to the recipe. This bread was easy and so delicious. I’m gonna be making bread more often, thanks to this fabulous recipe.
Thanks Chelsea for sharing this recipe, I will now be a bread maker! Next time I’m gonna try to add 1Tbsp. dough enhancer and use honey instead of the sugar. We will see what that does. I love it! Love it! Love it!
- WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
- GLUTEN FLOUR OR VITAL WHEAT GLUTEN
- INSTANT YEAST (OR QUICK-RISING, I USED SAF YEAST)
- HONEY OR SUGAR
- BOTTLED LEMON JUICE
- WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
- 3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup gluten flour, sifted (or vital wheat gluten)
- 1 1/4 Tbsp instant yeast (or quick-rising, I used SAF yeast)
- 2 1/2 cup very warm tap water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup honey or 1/2 cup sugar (I used the sugar, but will try the honey next time)
- 1 1/4 Tbsp bottled lemon juice
- 2 – 2 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- Mix together first three ingredients in mixer with a dough hook. Add water all at once and mix for 1 minute; cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Add salt, oil, honey or sugar and lemon juice and beat for 1 minute. Add last flour, 1 cup at a time, beating between each cup. Beat for about 6-10 minutes until dough pulls away from sides of the bowl. This makes a very soft dough. (For me, I ended up using 5 cups along with a couple tablespoons)
- Preheat oven for 1 minute to lukewarm and turn off. Turn dough onto oiled counter top; divide, shape into loaves, place in oiled bread pans. Let rise in warm oven for 10-15 minutes (this took 30 minutes for me) until dough reaches top of pan. Do not remove bread from oven; turn oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 30 minutes (that is 30 minutes from the time you turn the oven on). Remove from pans and cool on racks. Makes 2 (8×4 inch) loaves.