Summer is a great time to enjoy fabulous fruity drinks. I saw Giada make a fun sangria recipe and decided to make a non-alcoholic version since I don’t drink. I decided to use ginger ale in place of the champagne. Now I like to use light orange juice and diet ginger ale to cut down on the calories. I bet you could also make it even lighter by using splenda in place of the sugar. However, I used the real deal and went with sugar. It was a fun and fruity drink with a nice mint twist. I like the combination of mint and fruit juice like this pomegranate cooler I did last year. Give it a try!
- 3 1/4 cup ginger ale, chilled (diet works)
- 1/2 cup orange juice (I like to use light orange juice)
- 2 cups Mint Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced and halved
- 1/2 lime, thinly sliced and halved
- 10 strawberries, quartered
- Crushed ice
- In a large pitcher, combine the ginger ale, orange juice, and Mint Simple Syrup. Add the strawberries, lemon slices, and lime slices.
- Fill glasses with crushed ice and pour the sangria over the top. Serve immediately.
Mint Simple Syrup