If you still need a dessert for Christmas Day, this no bake peppermint cheesecake could be it. You just need the time to let it sit in the refrigerator. It needs 4 hours.
To start, you will need some crushed oreo cookies along with some butter and sugar for the crust. This then gets pressed into a spingform pan.
The filling itself is comprised of cream cheese, sugar, whipped cream, powdered sugar, and peppermint extract. There is just the perfect amout of peppermint extract in here. It give it just the right amount of peppermint flavor without being too strong.
There is also some pink or red food coloring mixed in there to give it that beautiful pink color. I used neon pink food coloring for mine. Then, if you want to make this cheesecake extra pretty, you can top it with some whipped cream and crushed peppermint candies.
I piped whipped cream around the outside edge and piped a little in the very center. Then I sprinkled the chrused peppermint candies over the piped whipped cream. I love the added crunch the candies give this no bake peppermint cheesecake an extra burst of peppermint flavor.Print
- 22 Oreo Cookies
- 3 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 6 drops pink food coloring (or a few drops of red)
- additional whipped cream and crushed peppermints for garnish
- Finely crush Oreos in food processor. Mix in the melted butter and sugar. Press mixture into bottom and about 1 inch up sides of springform pan.Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until well mixed. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip heavy cream and powder sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture. Add in food coloring and peppermint and fold until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the preared crust in the springform pan. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, garnish with dollops of whipped cream and crushed peppermints if desired. Serves 16.
- Prep Time: 4 hours 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: American
Recipe adapted from Cincy Shopper.