This post may contain affiliate links.
Today’s recipe for nacho bake is like inverted nachos. It has a tasty base of beans, meat, cheese, and seasonings followed by a topping of corn chips.
Now this dish is intended to be served as a main dish. However, you can also serve it as a dip straight from the oven. No need for toppings if you go this route. Just have plenty of tortilla chips.
- 2 (15 oz) cans refried beans
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 oz) can green chilies
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp season salt
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bag of corn chips (We like Fritos)
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, hopped tomatoes, sliced olives, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine refried beans, taco seasoning, Monterey jack cheese, and green chilies. Spread mixture into a 9 x 13 backing dish.
- In a skillet brown ground beef with diced onion, cumin, and seasoning salt until beef is fully cooked. Drain of any grease and mix in the 1 cup of taco sauce. Spread beef even over bean mixture.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the beef. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve topped with chips and desired toppings. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from The Mother Huddle.