These patties get packed with flavor from cracker crumbs, onion, red bell pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. There is also some egg added in there as a binder.
As you know, meatloaf tends to be very tender, so these patties won’t cook on a grill. That is what I put them in the air fryer to make. They work perfectly. However, if you don’t have a air fryer a skillet will work just fine.
As far as toppings go for these mouthwatering meatloaf burgers, anything you usually like on your burger is great. I like lettuce, grilled onion, pickles, mayo, and ketchup.Print
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- desired toppings
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ketchup, cracker crumbs, eggs, onion, red pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together and mix until well combined. Form into 4 patties.
- Place patties in the air fryer basket. Cook at 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Cook patties longer if need to 160 degrees.
- Place cheese on patties while still in the air fryer basket and place back in the air fryer with it turned OFF for a couple of minutes. The residual heat in the air fryer will melt the cheese.
- Place patties on buns and top with desired toppings. Serves 4.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Southern Plate.