You are gonna love today’s s’more recipe for mini s’mores trifles! It really is a whole new level of s’more goodness and will definitely satidfy your seet tooth!
This takes all the elements of s’mores into a decadent layered trifle. I made mini ones, but you could always make one big one if you prefer. I used 6 oz mini trifle dishes, but just about any glass dish or cup will work.
These begin with a layer of fudgy chocolate brownie pieces. Next is a creamy layer of instant chocolate pudding that is made with milk and whipping cream for added richness and thickness. Now you add some crunchy graham cracker pieces. Follow this ip with a mixture of Cool Whip and mashmallow cream. Then repeat the layers.
Now to finish off these trifles, you place some miniature mashmallows on a baking sheet. Broil until golden brown. Place some of those toasted mini marshmallows along with a piece of a Hershey’s bar. This dessert is visually stunning and ingredibly delicious.
This dessert is so rich and decadent! You’ll think you have died and gone to s’mores heaven! I only got rave reviews of these little layered desserts. With each spoonful, you’ll expreience that nostalgic combination of crunch, creamy, and gooey that make the classic s’more so beloved.
**Update** I entered this recipe in a dessert contest on a local TV show called Good Things Utah in April 2016. I was chosen as a finalist and prepared the recipe on the show. Follow the link provided for the video of the recipe. And guess what? I won the contest with this baby!
Mini S'mores Trifles
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 9 x 13 size pkg brownie mix, prepared according to pkg directions
- 1 3.4 oz pkg chocolate pudding
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 8 oz container cool whip, thawed
- 1 7 oz container marshmallow creme
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 1 ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 5 snack sized Hershey bars unwrapped and broken in half
- 9-10 6-8 oz dessert dishes or cups
- Cut the prepared brownies into 1 inch squares. My trick for cutting brownies is to use a plastic knife. They cut much better with one.
- Prepare the pudding mix using the 3/4 cup whipping cream and 1 1/4 cup milk. Place in the fridge for time required on the pkg.
- In a bowl, fold the Cool Whip together with the marshmallow cream. Set aside.
- Place the marshmallows on a greased cookie sheet and broil in the oven until toasted golden brown.
- Break the graham cracker sheets into individual graham crackers and then break those in half.
- Now it's time to assemble the trifles. Layer half of the pan of brownie pieces into the bottom of the dessert dishes. Then place a layer of pudding over the brownie layer. You will use half the pudding to do this.
- Then layer in half of the graham cracker pieces followed with half of the Cool Whip mixture.
- Repeat the layers and then top each mini trifle with some of the toasted mini marshmallows and a piece of the Hershey bar. Refrigerate until time to serve. Serves 9-10.
Recipe adapted from Lehi Roller Mills.