You are gonna love today’s s’more recipe for mini s’mores trifles! It really is a whole new level of s’more goodness!
This takes all the elements of s’mores into a decadent layered trifle. I made mini ones, but you could always make one big one if you prefer. I used 6 oz mini trifle dishes, but just about any glass dish or cup will work.
This dessert is so rich and decadent! You’ll think you have died and gone to s’mores heaven! I only got rave reviews of these little layered desserts.
**Update** I entered this recipe in a dessert contest on a local TV show called Good Things Utah in April 2016. I was chosen as a finalist and prepared the recipe on the show. Follow the link provided for the video of the recipe. And guess what? I won the contest with this baby!
- 1 (9 x 13 size) pkg brownie mix, prepared according to pkg directions
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg chocolate pudding
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (8 oz) container cool whip, thawed
- 1 (7 oz) container marshmallow creme
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 5 snack sized Hershey bars, unwrapped and broken in half
- 9–10 (6-8 oz) dessert dishes or cups
- Cut the prepared brownies into 1 inch squares. My trick for cutting brownies is to use a plastic knife. They cut much better with one.
- Prepare the pudding mix using the 3/4 cup whipping cream and 1 1/4 cup milk. Place in the fridge for time required on the pkg.
- In a bowl, fold the Cool Whip together with the marshmallow cream. Set aside.
- Place the marshmallows on a greased cookie sheet and broil in the oven until toasted golden brown.
- Break the graham cracker sheets into individual graham crackers and then break those in half.
- Now it’s time to assemble the trifles. Layer half of the pan of brownie pieces into the bottom of the dessert dishes. Then place a layer of pudding over the brownie layer. You will use half the pudding to do this.
- Then layer in half of the graham cracker pieces followed with half of the Cool Whip mixture.
- Repeat the layers and then top each mini trifle with some of the toasted mini marshmallows and a piece of the Hershey bar. Refrigerate until time to serve. Serves 9-10.
Recipe adapted from Lehi Roller Mills.