Happy National S’more Day! I must say, I do enjoy celebrating this day every summer!
To celebrate the s’more today, I am elevating the traditional version. Instead of graham crackers you have chocolate chip cookies! I know! Then instead of a chocolate bar you have chocolate ganache! Are you dying yet? The instead of a marshmallow you have a creamy marshmallow cream filling. Oh, let me just say this Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores is divine!
This is the perfect solution to when you want to serve s’mores at a gathering, but have no fire! Trust me, no one will be missing that toasted marshmallow in there s’more when you have this in it’s place.
We are talking upscale and decadent with this version. You may have a little more ganache than needed for this recipe, but I am sure you wouldn’t mind digging in to the extra with a spoon!
I have also teamed up with some other Utah bloggers to #CelebratingFood2015 with an amazing collection of s’mores recipes to make this day even better. So check out the photo and links to additional recipes below today’s recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookie S'mores
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 16 oz pkg refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate will do
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- ¾ cup marshmallow creme
- ¾ cup whipped topping
- Cook cookies according to pkg. I place balls of dough about the size of a walnut on the cookie sheet. Since these cookies are more on the small side, you may need to cook them for less time. I got 36 cookies. Allow cookies to cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and whipping cream. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring each time until fully melted. Let sit to cool and thicken.
- In another bowl fold the marshmallow creme and whipped topping together until blended.
- To assemble, spread some of the ganache on the bottom of a cookie. Then top with a spoonful of the marshmallow cream mixture followed by another cookie to make your s'more. Makes 18 s'mores.
Recipe adapted from the cookbook Fun Stuff! Finger Foods.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Recipes (all pictured above)
- S’more Macaroons from Ashlee Marie
- S’mores Poke Cake from Butter With A Side of Bread
- Frozen Smore Cups from Creations by Kara
- S’more Whoopie Pies from Cupcake Diaries
- Vegan S’mores Served Two Ways from Happy Food Healthy Life
- S’mores Pie from Jamie Cooks It Up!
- S’mores Muddy Buddies from Like Mother, Like Daughter
- Rice Krispie S’mores from Summer Scraps
More Chocolate Chip Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
- S’mores Brownies
- Easy S’mores Bars
- Chewy S’mores Granola Bars
- S’mores Ice Cream
- Heavenly S’mores Pie
- S‘mores Bars
- No Bake S’more Bars
- Night Owl S’mores Treat
- Grilled S’mores Cakes
- S’mores Topped Brownies
- Easy S’mores Cookies
- S’mores Pops
- Chocolate Chip S’mores Pizza
- S’mores Sipper
- Host a S’mores Party