Recently, I help with a bridal shower for my niece. We had a tea party shower for her. I must say, I love a good tea party. As part of the menu, I made these mini melt away cookies along with the brownie bites that I have shared with you all before.
We have an annual tradition on having one on my husband’s side of the family. I have hosted the tea party before. When I did, I shared with you through several posts in the past how to host the party and had recipes for your menu. You can check those out for more menu and decor ideas too.
As part of this tea party tradition, you must dress up and wear a hat. Well, for this bridal tea party shower, I made hats for my daughter and I. I will share the details for you tomorrow in a post. You could always use it as part of a tea party. Just have everyone bring a hat and then have the supplies at the party to decorate them.
This mini cookies were a great part of the tea party menu. Some of the family absolutely loved them and couldn’t wait for this post I am sharing today to get the recipe.
I colored the fosting pink for these mini melt away cookies. I thought pink was a perfect color for our party. However, you can always change it up to whatever color best fits your party and decor. These cookies are buttery little morsels topped with sweet sugary frosting.Print
- For the cookies:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add in flour and cornstarch and stir well combined.
- Cover or wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheets lined with parchment. Bake at 325 degrees for about 15-18 minutes.
- Cool completely on cooling racks.
- For frosting: In a bowl beat vanilla, shortening, butter, powdered sugar, and milk together until smooth and creamy. Mix in food coloring if desired. Pipe frosting on top of cooled cookies. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Recipe adapted from Alex Daynes.