Do you have a special event coming up quick? Need a dessert that will impress your family and friends? Well, pick up a Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake! You can whip up a quick, delicious recipe with a moist Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake just like these mini banana split trifles (they only take 10 seconds to thaw) and make any occasion special!
Don’t have a special event? Well, you can still grab a Sara Lee® Pound Cake whenever your sweet tooth is calling for a quick fix! Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake is the perfect dessert for a celebration as well as for every day recipes.
You can pick one up from your local Walmart in the freezer section for around $4.54 for the family size (1lb). That is what I did to make this easy but impressive dessert.
I took the idea of a banana split but made it a little more easy to serve. There will be no melty ice cream with these banana splits. I swapped out the ice cream for cubes of Sara Lee® Pound Cake and made pretty layered mini trifles.
The base is a Sara Lee® Pound Cake layered with chocolate mousse, sliced strawberries and bananas, plus crushed pineapple. All of those tasty flavors found in a banana split. And no banana split would be complete without a dollop of whipped cream with a cherry on top!
So delicious and so easy. Here are some other ways you can serve up a quick dessert using Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake.
What would you pair with a Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake to make a recipe that’s uniquely yours?
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg. instant chocolate or chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 of a 1 lb. frozen Sara Lee® Pound Cake or 1 (10.75 oz) frozen Sara Lee® Pound Cake
- 8 strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup prepared sweetened whipping cream
- 6 maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, combine the pudding mix, milk, and whipping cream together. Beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes and place in the refrigerator.
- Cut the frozen pound cake into 1 inch cubes. The cake will thaw by the time you finish making the trifles.
- Divide half of the cake cubes into 6 (14 oz) clear cups.
- Slice the strawberries and bananas and set aside.
- Remove the pudding mixture from the fridge. Using half of the pudding mixture place a layer of pudding over the cake in each cup.
- Then layer on the strawberry slices followed by a layer of the remaining cake cubes.
- Add layer of the remaining pudding to the cups followed by a layer of banana and a layer of crushed pineapple.
- To finish, top each cup with a dollop of the prepared sweetened whipping cream and a maraschino cherry. Serves 6.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.