Today is most most favorite recipe from pumpkin week! They are so delicious and highly addictive! I made these melt n your mouth pumpkin cookies to take to a gathering and got many compliments on how tasty they were. One person described them as being like a frosted muffin top!
The cookies are so tender and moist. Most pumpkin cookies tend to be more on the dense, not this one. Then, these tender morsels get topped with a buttery maple frosting! The frosting is really what adds to these amazing cookies. Make them, you’ll thank me, I promise!
Melt In Your Mouth Pumpkin Cookies
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup plus 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 6 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- I a large bowl, beat the butter until fluffy. Then beat in the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well blended.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine. Beat in the pumpkin.
- The beat in the flour just until combined.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of dough on a cookie sheet. I use a cookie scoop. Bake at 35- degrees for 10-12 minutes until the tops are set.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
- For frosting, place ingredients in a bowl and blend until smooth and well combined. Spread frosting on cooled cookies. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.