Here is the potato dish as promise for Christmas dinner. Market Street is a really yummy seafood restaurant here in the Salt Lake Valley. I have shared their clam chowder recipe before. Now I have never had these potatoes at the restaurant, so I am not sure how this recipe compares, but I loved this dish.
I found the recipe at What’s Cookin’? So simple only 3 ingredients, but so tasty. You do have to splurge and spend some extra money on some smoked Gouda cheese. However, at Christmas it’s fun to splurge a little for your special dinner. These potatoes turned out yummy and creamy with a light smoky flavor from the Gouda. Give ’em a try!
Market Street Au Gratin Potaotes
- 3 large russet or baker potatoes, peeled and sliced thin (1/8″) (I used about 7 small to medium russet potatoes and sliced them with my food processor)
- 1 1/2 cups smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- salt (I used kosher) and white pepper to taste (approximate 1/2 tsp. each)
- Slice potatoes. Do not rinse! Mix sliced potatoes in a bowl with whpping cream, salt, pepper and cheese until everything is incorporated.
- Layer in a 9″x13″ baking dish no more than 1″ thick. Cover with foil and bake for one hour at 350 degrees. (I sprinkled them with dried parsley before serving)