Here is a great recipe for maple meatballs that could be used as a main dish or appetizer. It’s also a great dish for football season. This recipe comes from Stephanie Ashcrafts cookbook 101 Things to Do with Meatballs. Stephanie is the one who also did the books 101 Things to Do With a Cake Mix. She shared this recipe a while back when she was on a local TV show called Studio 5. This recipe is yummy and easy. When I make this for a main dish recipe I make 1 1/2 recipes of the sauce and serve it over rice. YUM!
- REAL MAPLE SYRUP
- CHILI SAUCE
- DRIED CHIVES OR FRESH CHIVES
- SOY SAUCE
- GROUND MUSTARD
- FROZEN FULLY COOKED MEATBALLS
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried chives (or 2 tablespoons fresh chives)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 26 (1 pound) frozen, fully cooked meatballs, thawed
- In a saucepan, combine syrup, chili sauce, chives, soy sauce, and ground mustard. Bring to a low boil. Add meatballs and then return to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until meatballs are thoroughly heated. Serve as an appetizer with toothpicks or over hot cooked rice (I made 1 1/2 recipes of the sauce if I’m doing this). Makes 5-6 servings.