This post contains affiliate links.
You are going to love this recipe for Instant Pot honey cilantro chicken. I have used the meat for tacos and quesadillas. However, it would also be delicious to use in burritos, enchiladas, taquitos, flautas, nachos, or on a salad.
It only takes 12 minutes to cook this chicken in the Instant Pot. You cook the chicken breasts in the pot along with some salsa verde, honey, liquid smoke, chili powder, salt, oregano, cumin, garlic, paprika, and pepper. It produces a flavor chicken. It has that savory along with the sweet from the honey.
Once the chicken is finished cooking, you can just shred it right there in the Instant Pot insert in the sauce. Once you shred it you mix in some fresh cilantro. That cilantro just ups the level of flavor and adds a freshness to it.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, no worries! You can still enjoy this wonderfully amazing chicken. You can also cook in the slow cooker. I have included the instructions on how to cook it for you. This isn’t a WW recipe but the points were low enough for me on my WW Personal Points. The chicken is 3 points a serving. All the points come from the honey.
- SALSA VERDE, TOMATILLO SALSA
- LIQUID SMOKE
- CHILI POWDER
- DRIED OREGANO
- GARLIC POWDER OR 2-3 CLOVES
- SMOKED PAPRIKA
- BLACK PEPPER
- BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS
- FRESH CILANTRO
Instant Pot Honey Cilantro Chicken
- Total Time: 22 minutes plus time to come to pressure
- Yield: 6 servings
Click here to find out your WW Personal Points for this recipe.
- 1 cup salsa verde, tomatillo salsa
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 2-3 cloves, finely minced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, (about 3-4 chicken breasts, more if using thin cut)
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Add the salsa verde, honey, liquid smoke, chili powder, salt, dried oregano, cumin, garlic powder (or fresh garlic), smoked paprika, and black pepper to the insert. Whisk together.
- Add the chicken into the sauce. Secure the lid and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Shred the chicken with two forks (right in the Instant Pot). Stir in the fresh cilantro.
For the slow cooker -Add the salsa verde, honey, liquid smoke, chili powder, salt, dried oregano, cumin, garlic powder (or fresh garlic), smoked paprika, and black pepper to the insert of a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. Whisk together. Nestle the chicken into the sauce. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-7 hours. If the mixture starts to look dry during cooking, add 1/2 cup or so of water to the slow cooker and continue cooking. Shred the chicken with two forks (right in the slow cooker). Stir in the fresh cilantro.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes plus time to come to pressure
This recipe is adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Café.