One of my favorite things to make in the Instant Pot is pasta. This Instant Pot Creamy Ziti is another great one to make. Actual cooking time for this is only about 4 minutes. The amount of time depends on the pasta used.
The trick for cooking pasta in the instant pot is the cut the amount of time it says on the package for al dente in half. Then, subtract 2 minutes and you have your time. If you like your pasta a little softer, then only subtract one minute.
Also, I love the simple ingredients used to make this pasta. The only canned item used is crushed tomatoes, unless the broth you use is canned too. For broth, I like to use Better Than Bouillon. I just keep it in my fridge and add the amount needed for each cup of broth with water.
The other items needed include pasta, cream, garlic, dried spices, and Parmesan cheese. So simple and so delicious. This is a ziti recipe but you can use any tube shaped pasta in this. I chose to use rigatoni.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (16 oz) pkg uncooked ziti pasta or other tube-shaped pasta
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 to 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil, for serving (optional)
- Pour in the broth then the cream into the Instant pot, Sprinkle in the salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add the pasta; don’t stir! Just arrange into an even layer. Pour the crushed tomatoes evenly over the pasta. Then sprinkle with the oregano and basil over the top. Don’t stir!
- Place the lid on making sure to set the valve to seal. Use the manual setting. To get the amount of time to cook, take the cooking time on the pasta package directions, cut it in half and subtract two minutes for al dente. For softer pasta only subtract one minute.
- Allow the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then do a manual quick release. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir thoroughly. Serve the ziti and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese or fresh chopped basil. Serves 5-6.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
This recipe is adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.