I usually rely heavily on my slow cooker for anytime I want to make chicken tacos. It’s so easy to just throw everything in the slow cooker and go. Then come dinner time, I have a tender flavorful chicken filling for my tacos. However, what about Instant Pot chicken tacos?
Since I love making it in the slow cooker, I figured I’d love in the instant pot too. It does take about 1 hr and 20 minutes total to make it in the instant pot. However, this is still much quicker than the slow cooker and I can’t forget to put it in the slow cooker in the morning (yep, I do that). I can get home from work and have plenty of time to toss everything into my instant pot.
These instant pot chicken tacos are moist and flavorful just like any slow cooker version I have made before. This meat can also be used for more than just tacos. Try in in a burrito, quesadilla, nachos, or even a salad! It would be perfect to make for the big game this Sunday!
- CHICKEN BREASTS
- LEMON JUICE
- CHILI POWDER
- BLACK PEPPER
- 5MINI OR LARGE BELL PEPPER
- CANNED PETITE DICED TOMATOES
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 5 mini or 1 large bell pepper
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- Add water and chicken to the Instant Pot.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the order listed layering over the chicken.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set to manual for 1 hour.
- Allow the pressure valve to naturally release for 10 minutes and then vent manually.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and mix everything together. Use as your filling for tacos.Makes 12-16 servings.
Recipe adapted from Adventures of Mel.