If you have an instant pot, you know how revolutionary it can be for dinner time just like with these cheesesteak sandwiches- think slow cooker but done in hyper speed! I have had mine for a year now and I have slowly been working on recipes.
I do prefer cheesesteak sandwiches in the instant pot over a slow cooker. The vegetables just don’t stay as firm in a slow cooker as you can get in the instant pot. Plus, the flavor infuses more with the instant pot version. Oh, and don’t forget that hyper speed, This is ready in about 1 hour!
Now, when slicing your meat, I like to put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes before slicing it. This makes it much easier t slice. Also make cute you are cutting across the grain!
- 2 sliced green peppers
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 – 2 1/2 lbs. thinly sliced steak (I used top round)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 cup beef broth
- 6 slices of provolone cheese, sliced in half
- 6 hoagie rolls
- Add the vegetables, steak, seasonings and beef broth to the instant pot
- Seal and cook on manual for 40 minutes.
- Allow the instant pot to depressurize naturally for 10 minutes. Then release the steam manually the rest of the way.
- In the meantime, slice the hoagie rolls open and place on a baking sheet. Top each with with two slice cheese halves.
- Broil for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Top each roll with the meat and veggies. You can aslo used the juices in the pot with the meat to dip the sandwiches in if desired. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Lauren Greutman.