You can use this Instant Pot beef barbacoa for about anything. Try in tacos, nachos, burrito bowls, etc. For this post I used it in tacos.
I prefer a corn tortilla for my tacos. They are more filling and I love that corn flavor. I fry them up in a skillet with a little oil. I cook them just enough to soften them. Also, I like a light sprinkling of salt on one side of each tortilla.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2.5 to 3 lb beef chuck roast, cut into 3 pieces and seasoned with salt and pepper
- ½ cup beef broth, divided
- 4 chipotle chilis in adobo
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1½ Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- Turn your Instant Pot on to saute. Add the oil to the pot. Add the seasoned pieces of roast into the pot. Sear the beef on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Press Cancel. Remove beef and place on a plate. Add 1/4 cup of the beef broth into the pot and deglaze.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup beef broth along with the remaining ingredients (except the bay leaves) to a food processor and blend until mostly smooth.
- Return beef to pot. Pour processed mixture over the roast and turn to coat; add bay leaves. Secure lid and pressure valve. Cook on high for 60 minutes. Allow for a full natural release.
- Remove and discard bay leaves. Shred beef with two forks, tossing well in the sauce to coat.
- Serve in tacos, nachos, or burrito bowls. Serves 6.
This recipe is adapted from Yellow Bliss Road.