This is my husband’s favorite casserole. The recipe comes from his mother, she said it was originally called something like pot of gold but we now call it Hubby’s Favorite Casserole.
The recipe for hubby’s favorite casserole is simple and basic and is my whole family likes it. You could always add some spices to it if you want some more flavor. This really is a great all in one dish.
It’s basically similar to a hamburger helper type dish. You start by cooking some ground beef with onion in a large skillet. Once the beef is browned, you drain off any excess grease. Then you mix in water and condensed tomato soup and bring to a boil. Next you mix in some uncooked egg noodles and simmer for about 8-10 minutes until the noodles are fully cooked.
Once the noodles are cooked, you mix in a drained can of corn. Then pour half of the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Top that with some shredded cheddar cheese. Follow with another layer of the noodle/meat mixture and another layer of shredded cheddar cheese. All that is left is to bake it in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes.
- GROUND BEEF
- TOMATO SOUP
- EGG NOODLES (OR WHATEVER PASTA YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE)
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- SALT AND PEPPER
Hubby's Favorite Casserole
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion diced
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 10 3/4 oz can tomato soup
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles or whatever pasta you happen to have
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese I probably use more than this because I just eye ball it
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion, drain. Mix in tomato soup and water and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 10 minutes covered, stirring occasionally. Mix in can of corn.
- Put half of mixture in a 2 qt casserole dish and cover with 1/2 cup of cheese. Pure remaining noodle mixture in casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Cook at 350 degrees, covered, for 25 minutes. Uncover and cook another 5 minutes until cheese is melty. Serves 4-6.