This is my husband’s favorite casserole. The recipe comes from his mother, she said it was originally called something like pot of gold but we now call it Hubby’s Favorite Casserole.
The recipe is simple and basic and is my whole family likes it. You could always add some spices to it if you want some more flavor. This really is a great all in one dish.
- GROUND BEEF
- TOMATO SOUP
- EGG NOODLES (OR WHATEVER PASTA YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE)
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- SALT AND PEPPER
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can tomato soup
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles (or whatever pasta you happen to have)
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I probably use more than this because I just eye ball it)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion, drain. Mix in tomato soup and water and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 10 minutes covered, stirring occasionally. Mix in can of corn.
- Put half of mixture in a 2 qt casserole dish and cover with 1/2 cup of cheese. Pure remaining noodle mixture in casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Cook at 350 degrees, covered, for 25 minutes. Uncover and cook another 5 minutes until cheese is melty. Serves 4-6.