One thing I love just as much in the winter time as a hot bowl of soup, is a hot sandwich. The warmth of these Hot Italian Sub Sandwiches is well appreciated after time spent in the cold.
Another benefit to a hot sandwich that I love is the melty cheese! The more ooey and gooey the cheese, the better. This sandwich has that and more.
I am a fan of any Italian sandwich. I just love the flavorful combination of meats. The other thing that makes this sandwich super amazing is the giardiniera mix. It’s what takes this sandwich good to amazing.
If you have never had giardiniera mix before, it is pickled vegetables that usually includes carrots, cauliflower, celery and some kind of pepper. You can find it right at the grocery store with the pickles. It add nice tangy flavor along with a crunchy texture to these hot Italian sub sandwiches.
- 1/4 cup softened butter – softened
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 12 salami slices
- 24 large, thinly sliced pepperoni
- 12 slices ham
- 12 thin slices mozzarella
- jarred giardiniera mix (found on the pickle isle at the store)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, butter and Italian season. Evenly spread butter on inside of hoagie rolls.
- Layer 2 slices of mozzarella, 2 slices salami, 2 slices pepperoni and 2 slices ham on each roll. Top with giardiniera mix.
- Pace into a large baking dish, tightly pressed together sideways with the open side facing up.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes for a hot melty sandwich. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Wonky Wonderful.