It’s day two of cookie week and this recipe is a fun one. Take a regular chocolate chip cookie, then use 3 kinds of chocolate chips in it and mix in some hot cocoa mix. That is basically what today’s recipe for Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies is. I found it over on Tasty Kitchen from The Little Things I Find or Do. I loved the idea of mixing the hot cocoa mix into the cookie dough. It gives it a light chocolaty taste. Plus, 3 kinds of chocolate chips brings the cookie up to an even better level.
My husband and boys thought these cookies rocked. My hubby even compared them to a Mrs. Field’s cookie. Just don’t refrigerated the dough too long. I happen to leave it in the fridge for a few hours and it was hard as a rock. It was way too hard to scoop up. Then be sure to not over cook these babies. I checked on a batch and they need to cook a little longer. So then I forgot the cookies were still cooking after a few minutes, NOT GOOD. The hot chocolate chip cookies turn out really crisp. So keep an eye on this as they end the cooking time.
Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 sticks Salted Butter- At Room Temperature
- 1 cup White Granulated Sugar
- ⅔ cups Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 2 whole Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla
- 3-¼ cups All-purpose Flour
- 4 packages 1 Oz. Packets, NOT Sugar-free Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1-¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, hot chocolate mix, salt and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients in 3 to 4 parts, making sure all is incorporated.
- Fold in chips. Chill the dough for 30 minutes to hour to firm up the dough. (Don't go too long of the dough will turn out hard as a rock, I learned this by experience).
- Use a 1/4 cup as a scoop (or ice cream scoop) to scoop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. (I pressed the dough a little to help flatten it out.) Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.