Today, I have another quick cookie recipe that you can throw together in no time. I have shared my recipe before for cake mix cookies. However, I decided to dress it up for the holidays by making Mint Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies. I used the Nestle Dark Chocolate and Mint Chip mix. However, some other great options would be Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips, Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips, or even chopped up Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses. I just purchased the candy cane kisses last year and fell in love with them. Basically use whatever you like as long as it is mint. I did enjoy the combination of dark chocolate along with mint in this cookie.
I also wanted a rich chocolate cookie to compliment the mint. I decided to use a dark chocolate cake mix, but a devil’s food would work. Also, brown sugar helps add richness and softness to cookies so I added a little of that too. The mint chocolate chip cake mix cookies turned out so yummy. Loved them and I hope you love them too.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 box Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate cake mix
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 10 oz bag Nestle Dark Chocolate and Mint Morsels
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, mix the cake mix, eggs, oil, and water together until a soft dough forms.
- Fold in the dark chocolate and mint morsels.
- Drop by the spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until set in the middle. Make around 2 dozen cookies.