Here is another hot drink for ya! This is your basic hot apple cider with some spices added for extra flavor. I really love this combination. It also quick to make so you’ll be warming up in no time as you sip on this.
- APPLE CIDER
- REAL MAPLE SYRUP
- CINNAMON STICKS
- WHOLE CLOVES
- WHOLE ALLSPICE BERRIES
Hot Apple Cider
Real Mom Kitchen
- 6 cups apple cider
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange cut into fourths
- 1 lemon cut into fourths
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice berries
- In a large sauce pan, combine the apple cider with the maple syrup.
- Stick the whole cloves into 1/4 of the orange through the peel. The add cinnamon sticks along with the lemon and orange pieces to the cider.
- Next add the allspice berries. You can place them in a small piece of cheese cloth for easy removal. I just add them and remove them with a spoon after the cider is headed. They mainly stay floating on the top of the cider anyway.
- Heat cider over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the cinnamon sticks, lemon and orange pieces, and the allspice berries. Serve cider in mugs. Makes 6 one cup servings.
Recipe is a Real Mom Kitchen Original.