This post contains affiliate links.
This week is lime week hear at RMK. I tend to always lean toward the dessert side of things when doing lime week. However, I did decide to start off the week with a savory main dish for honey lime shrimp.
This is a tasty shrimp recipe that uses the sweet taste of honey paired with the cirusy tart flavor of lime. It is the perfect combination.
I also love shrimp dishes because they cook up so quickly. This one only takes a few minutes in a skillet on the stove top. Also, perfect for summer because you don’t get the kitchen hot with this quick dish. You could grill them but I prefer to have them cooked in the pan. This way you cook them with all the marinade and can use it as a sauce and serve over rice.
However, this shrimp would also be excellent on top of a salad or in a taco!
My oldest son and I are the only shrimp eaters in our house so I made it just for us. He has talked about this dish several times since having it and definitely can’t wait for the next time I make it!
Honey Lime Shrimp
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 Tbsp lime juice
- zest of 2 small limes
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used the 31–40 per pound size)
- Add all of the ingredients EXCEPT the shrimp into a gallon sized zip-loc bag. Seal the bag and knead the ingredients around in the bag until well blended.
- Add in the shrimp and place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes and allow to marinade. Be sure to rotate the bag once half way through the marinating process.
- The take the bag out of the fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a large skillet on the stove top over medium. (Or you can grill them. just be sure to put them on skewers that have been soaked for 30 minutes on water)
- Add the shrimp along with the marinade to the skillet and cook just until the curl and turn pink then turn. Cook for just a bit longer until pin on both sides. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from The Dough Will Rise Again