I found this recipe for honey glazed chicken from Melanie at Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. She got the recipe from Kristin at efnrecipes.blogspot.com. It really looked like something my family would enjoy, and they did.
I doubled the sauce as suggested in the recipe. It was a little strong on the lemon side for me. I think next time I’ll double the sauce and only use 3 or 4 Tbsp lemon juice. I also want to try the recipe and substitute orange juice in place of the lemon. When I do that, I think I’ll use the whole 6 Tbsp of juice and maybe throw in a little garlic and red pepper flakes. I’m hoping it will be similar to orange chicken. Thanks to Melanie and Kristin for sharing this recipe.
Honey Glazed Chicken
- 2 lbs of diced uncooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3–6 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- cooked rice for serving
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Dip each piece of chicken in flour mixture and coat evenly.
- Melt 4 Tbsp of the butter in a shallow baking dish, large enough to accommodate chicken in a single layer (I use a glass 9 x 13).
- Arrange the coated chicken in pan and bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining 4 Tbsp of butter and mix in in the honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and ginger. Set aside.
- After chicken has baked the 30 minutes, turn each piece over and pour sauce mixture evenly over chicken. Bake another 30 to 40 minutes basting frequently.
- Serve over cooked rice. Serves 4-6.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in April 2015.
[…] Honey Glazed Chicken […]
I just wanted to let you know that I shared a link to this recipe on my blog today. We used it on Rosh Hashanah and in celebration of Honey Month. My family absolutely LOVED this. Thanks for sharing!
PS- Here is the link to the post: https://juanshappywife.blogspot.com/2013/09/introducing-mini-units-and-september.html
Not sure what I did wrong but this did not come out at all. The flour made the chicken mushy and the sauce was runny and not sticky on the chicken. What could of happened here?
You can’t tell from the number of comments, but I wanted to let you know this recipe has been repinned from my “Tried it and Loved it” pin board 1318 times! My super picky eater has asked for it as bday dinner again this year. Thanks again for sharing it!
[…] product of Pinterest meal. This recipe comes from Real Mom Kitchen. I was nervous about this recipe because it has ginger in it and while it smells good, it seems […]
[…] always looking for new chicken recipes. I saw this recipe for honey glazed chicken over at Real Mom Kitchen and I am definitely going to try it this […]
I doubled the sauce and made it with orange juice & added the garlic & red pepper like you suggested. We loved it! In fact, my super-picky eater asked for seconds & thirds and has requested it for his birthday dinner. Thank you so much for another great recipe!
Made this last night…it was a hit with kids and hubby…thanks for such a great cooking blog.
That looks so good!!
Glad you liked it, Laura!