Today, I am sharing a recipe for Luau Fruit Salad. My mom actually got this recipe from a local grocery store. They were having Hawaiian Days one week and were sampling and sharing this salad recipe.
I have altered the amount of ingredients a little bit from the original recipe. I also think you could leave out all the fruit and use the base as a fruit dip for fresh fruit. Yummy!
The base is made using a package of instant coconut cream pudding mix with some buttermilk. The buttermilk adds a welcomed tang to the salad. Once that is combined, you’ll fold in some Cool Whip. That’s it for the base.
Next, you fold in pineapple, mandarin oranges, apple, and banana. However, you could change up the fruit if you want to. I think you could leave out the apple and use some mini marsh mallows in it’s place. If I am taking this salad somewhere, I like to finish it off with a sprinkling of toasted coconut. It makes the salad look pretty and and ups the coconut flavor. I also like the added texture it gives the salad.
- COCONUT CREAM PUDDING MIX
- COOL WHIP
- CANNED PINEAPPLE TIDBITS
- CANNED MANDARIN ORANGES
- TOASTED COCONUT (I ONLY DO THIS IF I AM TAKING THE SALAD SOMEWHERE)
Luau Fruit Salad
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 small package coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 8 oz container cool whip
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 diced apple
- 1 15 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 11 oz can mandarin oranges
- ½ cup toasted coconut I only do this if I am taking the salad somewhere
- Mix dry pudding mix and buttermilk together for 2 minutes. Fold in cool whip.
- Mix in fruit. Top with toasted coconut just before serving.