Today, I am sharing a recipe for Luau Fruit Salad. My mom actually got this recipe from a local grocery store. They were having Hawaiian Days one week and were sampling and sharing this salad recipe.
I have altered the amount of ingredients a little bit from the original recipe. I also think you could leave all the fruit and and use the base as a fruit dip for fresh fruit. Yummy!
- 1 small package coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (8 oz) container cool whip
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 diced apple
- 1 (15 oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 (11 oz) can mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut (I only do this if I am taking the salad somewhere)
- Mix dry pudding mix and buttermilk together for 2 minutes. Fold in cool whip.
- Mix in fruit. Top with toasted coconut just before serving.