For a while now, I have been on a quest to find a recipe for a good homemade golden vanilla cupcakes. However, I wanted it to be easy enough and one that could be made in one bowl just like the one bowl chocolate cupcake recipe that I have shared before.
I think I finally found it with this recipe. This is simple to make, can be made in one bowl, and has a great flavor. Now obviously this can be made into a whole cake, but I used it as cupcakes. Give this a try. It just takes a little more time than a cake mix to make.
- 1 /2 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/8 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter into a bowl and blend on medium with a mixer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix for a about 30 seconds.
- Then add in the milk, oil, vanilla, and eggs. Mix for about 1 minute until combined.
- Divide batter between 24 greased or lined muffin cups. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes until fully cooked. Makes 24.
For 2 (9 inch) round pans, bake for about 20-25 minutes.
Recipe adapted from I Am Baker.