Usually when I use gnocchi, I use it in a soup. However, today I have a delicious ground beef gnocchi dish where the gnocchi and ground beef are the base of the dish. It makes a great summer meal too since it is all made on the stove top. No hot oven needed here.
This meal is all made in one skillet. You brown the ground beef along with some onion. Next, you add in some garlic, italian seasoning, canned diced tomatoes, chicken broth, whipping cream and the uncooked gnocchi. Then it all simmers together for about 5 minutes covered.
At this point, you uncover the dish and allow it to continue to cook until the gnocchi is fully cooked and your sauce is thickened. Last, you add in some freshly grated parmesan, salt, and pepper. Now, it’s time to enjoy! Pair it with a fresh green salad and you are set for an amazing meal.
- GROUND BEEF
- ITALIAN SEASONING
- CANNED PETITE DICED TOMATOES
- CHICKEN BROTH
- HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM
- UNCOOKED POTATO GNOCCHI
- GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
- SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 diced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 Italian seasoning
- 1 (14 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a skillet, brown beef with onion until beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add in the garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Mix in the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cream, and gnocchi. Once the sauce starts to bubble, cover the pan and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and stir it. Allow to cook for a few minutes until the gnocchi is cooked through and tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and salt & pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
This recipe is adapted from Salt and Lavender.