These easy instant pot chicken tacos are ever easier to make that slow cooker chicken tacos. The main reason why, it only takes 16 to cook once your Instant Pot comes to pressure. It’s as easy as any dump and go slow cooker recipe but is ready to eat in no time at all.
All you need is some chicken, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salsa. You can personalize these tacos by the type of salsa you use. Pick the level of heat and the type of salsa you like.
Then use the chicken with your favorite tortillas. I am partial to corn tortillas cooked in a skillet with a little oil. Then use what ever topping you like. I am partial to cheese, sour cream, guacamole, and shredded lettuce. If I have some pico for these easy Instant Pot chicken tacos, that’s even better.Print
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup salsa
- For serving: tortillas plus desired toppings
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Sprinkle with the chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Pour the salsa over the top.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the pressure valve is set to seal. Cook on high pressure fpr 16 minutes.
- When the cook time ends, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes then turn the valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicen and shred using two forks Stir some of the salsa and juices from the Instant Pot. The amount of liquid will depend on how moist you want the chicken to be). Serve chicken in tortillas with desired toppings.
Recipe adapted from Kristine’s Kitchen.