Today I am sharing with you my quick version of a pizza with just 5 ingredients. Quick, easy, delicious. You can use this same technique and top with your favorite topping too.
For the dough, you use a tube of Pillsbury pizza dough. You could make your own if you want, but this is the easy way. Then you will need some pizza sauce. I just use bottled marinara sauce. However, use pizza sauce if you prefer. Heck you can even make your own sauce if you want to.
Now for a Margherita pizza, you absolutely have to have fresh basil and fresh mozzarella. Don’t try to use regular mozzarella or dried basil. It just won’t do. These 2 ingredients are a must! The flavors of these two things are the focus and flavor of this pizza.
- PILLSBURY PIZZA DOUGH
- OLIVE OIL
- MARINARA SAUCE
- FRESH MOZZARELLA
- FRESH BASIL LEAVES
- 1 can of Pillsbury pizza dough
- olive oil
- marinara sauce
- sliced fresh mozzarella
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade (stack leaves together and roll like a burrito and dice)
- Open your pizza dough and unroll it on a piece of aluminum foil. Press the dough slightly to get it to flatten out.
- Brush the dough with olive oil. Place the dough oil side down on a grill preheated to high and peel off foil.
- Brush other side of dough with olive oil.
- Grill for about 2 minutes. Then, using tongs, turn crust over.
- Top dough with marinara, fresh mozzarella, and basil. Grill until the bottom get golden and the cheese melts. Use a set of tongs to remove pizza or use one set of tongs and slide onto a baking sheet.