I tend to not grill pork during grilling season. Now, I am usually cooking it in my slow cooker instead. I don’t know why, I just don’t think of grilling it. Well, now I have this easy recipe for Grilled Lemon Basil Pork Chops to get that pork on the grill! Five ingredients is all you need to make this tasty grilled chop.
These chops marinate in a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and fresh basil. You can do it for 3 hours. However, I recommend over night for the most flavorful results. When grilling these pork chops they just take about 5 minutes per side. You just need to make sure they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
I love the brightness you get from the lemon and the savory flavor from the basil. The combination just says summer to me. I served this up with my red, white, and blue summer salad. I also prepared a package of Idahoan instant baked loaded potatoes. When I want a easy and flavorful side or mashed potatoes, I reach for these in their various flavors.
- BONELESS PORKLOIN CHOPS
- LEMON JUICE
- OLIVE OIL
- FRESH BASIL
Grilled Lemon Basil Pork Chops
Real Mom Kitchen
- 6 boneless porkloin chops
- Juice of 2 lemons or 6 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly chopped basil
- In a gallon sized ziploc bag, add the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, and basil. Close the bag and mix the ingredients together.
- Open the bag and add in the chops. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 3 hour or overnight.
- Grill the chops for about 5 minutes per side or until internal temp reaches 145-160 degrees. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Tastes of Lizzy T’s.