Fall arrives and along with that follows festive recipes and events through the end of the year. I had a challenge from Pillsbury® to creative a Halloween recipe using Pillsbury Crescents® along with no more than 5 other ingredients. I came up with a Frankenstein Flatbread.
This product I have been using for years in all kinds of recipes for my family. Pesto is somthing I love and wanted to include that ingredient in my recipe for sure. I thought of the green color of pesto and immediately thought of Fankenstein and his green face.
I went to get my supplies from my local Walmart and decided to get the Pillsbury crescent creations dough. This is the same thing as the Crescent dough, but it is just one full sheet. There are no perforated lines. It’s perfect for those recipe that you need a full sheet for.
I got a few other items and created this easy flatbread recipe that looks like Frankenstein! The kids will love to help eat him up! He may even become a regular at your house for Halloween dinner.
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 pkg of Pillsbury Crescent Creations dough
- ⅓ cup pesto
- 9 slices of pepperoni
- 2 onion rings
- 2 rings of bell pepper
- 6 olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees,
- Unroll the sheet of dough and press into a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking sheet.
- Spread the pesto over the dough evenly.
- Cut the pepperoni slices to make 8 triangles for the hair and one for the nose.
- Cut 5-6 strips from the pepperoni scraps leftover to create the mouth.
- Next, cut 1 pepper ring in half to create the ears. Cut a couple of strips out of the other pepper ring to create the bolts.
- Cut an olive in half lengthwise to create the bolts.
- Cut another olive in half width wise. Use the onion rings and these olive halves to create the eyes.
- Last, cut the remaining olives in half lengthwise and then into strips. Use these pieces to create the scars.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes until brown around the edges. Makes 12 servings.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.