Tenderloin is my absolute favorite cut of pork. It is really hard to mess up making one. It is pretty much foolproof. Also, it is so tender and juicy. Well, today I am sharing how to make a foolproof roasted pork tenderloin.
It all begins with a basic marinade. You make this marinade with olive oil and some seasonings. There is some garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper mixed in there. Put it all in a large ziploc bag along with the tenderloin.
Next, this pork tenderloin needs at least 1 hour to soak in the flavorful marinade. SO be sure to plan your cooking time accordingly. Then it’s time to cook the tenderloin in the oven. Add the tenderloin and all of the marinade to a foil lined baking pan. The results is an amazingly delicious and flavorful roasted pork tenderloin. Just give it 10 minutes to rest. All that’s you have to do now, is slice it and serve it.
- PORK TENDERLOIN
- OLIVE OIL
- GARLIC POWDER
- ONION POWDER
- DRIED ITALIAN SEASONING
- DRIED OREGANO
- 1 (1.5 – 2 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1/3 olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper or to taste
- In a gallon sized zip-loc freezer bag, add olive oil, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, oregano, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper. Seal and shake ingredients together.
- Add pork to the bag and seal bag removing as much air as possible. Make sure the pork gets coated with the marinade. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or longer.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with aluminum foil. Add the tenderloin to the lined baking dish.
- Pour the marinade from the bag all over the tenderloin and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn meat over and bake another 15 minutes. Turn meat over once more and bake another 15 minutes. This will cook for a total of 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 1/4″ or thicker slices and serve. Serves 4-6.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Pork
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Just a Pinch.