There is something about citrus that can brighten my sad Winter day! Did you know citrus fruits and juices are considered heart-healthy foods that are fat-free and cholesterol-free! Plus, including delicious Florida citrus fruits and juices as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle may help promote a healthy weight, while fueling your body with many of the nutrients it needs for a lifetime of good health. So not only does the flavor help you mind feel better but it is helpful to your body.
A simple glass of orange juice can brighten my day, but it is fun to change up a glass of good old oj. Today, I have a yummy Florida orange juice float. A lot of the time a similar version is made with orange flavored soda, but real oj is so much better.
You can used sparkling water, seltzer water, or club soda to add your fizz. I used club soda. You could even add flavored seltzer or sparkling water. Just use a flavor that would compliment the orange juice. I even think ginger-ale would work well in this Florida orange juice float.Print
- 2 cups Florida orange juice
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons grenadine, divided
- 2–4 scoops vanilla frozen yogurt
- Mix orange juice, club soda and vanilla extract in a medium-sized pitcher.
- Pour juice mixture into two or four glasses. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons grenadine to each glass.
- Top each glass with a scoop of frozen yogurt. Serve immediately. Serves 2-4
Recipe adapted from a recipe from Heidi Skolnik for Floridajuice.com and used with permission.
Disclosure: I am a blogger ambassador for Florida Orange Juice. However, my opinions are my own. Information about orange juice in this post was provided by Florida Orange Juice.