Today, I have a yummy fudge recipe for you. This easy strawberry or lemon fudge recipe is so simple and foolproof. Plus, it only takes 2 ingredients to make. It is similar to the foolproof peanut butter fudge recipe I shared with you before at Christmas. That one uses a tub of vanilla frosting and peanut butter. This recipe uses strawberry or lemon frosting with a package of vanilla chips.
You can make it any flavor just based upon the flavor of frosting you use. I thought lemon and strawberry flavors would be perfect for Mother’s Day. You could even make a batch of each and then swirl them together for a strawberry lemonade version. Out of the two flavors the lemon flavor was my favorite.
To package the fudge, just cut the pieces of fudge into small squares. Then place them in mini muffin liners. After that, place them all in a container tied with a bow with a pretty ribbon. I used a prastic container purchased from the grocery store. Or you can find some nice paper boxes online. This easy strawberry or lemon fudge is another item that would be perfect to serve at a baby/wedding shower as a dessert or favor too!Print
- 1 (12 oz) bag of white or vanilla chips
- 1 tub (1 lb) Strawberry or Lemon Frosting
- food coloring, if needed (I add 2 drops of yellow to the lemon version for a brighter yellow color)
- Line a 9 x 9 inch dish with foil and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the vanilla chips. Microwave for 30 seconds followed but 10 second intervals until smooth stirring each time.
- Add the frosting to the melted chips and stir until well combined. Add food coloring if needed.
- Pour into pan and spread until even. Allow to set for 30 minutes.
- Remove fudge from the pan using foil and cut into squares.
For long term storage, keep in the refrigerator. Then bring out of the fridge about 30 minutes before eating.
Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups.