School is in session and that means so is everything else – piano, soccer, dance, PTA, etc. With any change, there is always an adjustment period.
As you adjust, quick and easy meals can help make that adjustment easier. Anything that is ready in 30 minutes or less is a godsend. Anything that can be made in one pot is an awesome bonus. Now anything that is ready in 30 minutes, made in one pot, and is just a dump and start meal is UNREAL!
Well, that is exactly what today’s meal is! It’s UNREAL! The instant pot is what makes this all possible. The ingredients are place in the Instant Pot, it’s sealed, and then left for 22 minutes. After that, just give it a stir and dinner is served.
The result of this easy instant pot alfredo is a nice pot of creamy, tender, pasta alfredo. I have already made this meal several times. It is now a family favorite and I love how easy it comes together.
- CHICKEN BROTH
- HEAVY CREAM
- SALT AND PEPPER
- DRY LINGUINE NOODLES
- SHREDDED PARMESAN CHEESE
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb dry linguine noodles broken in half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- Add these ingredients in this order to the instant pot – broth, cream, garlic, salt, pepper. Don’t stir it, but make sure all noodles are covered in the liquid.
- Seal and set the Instant Pot to manual for 6 minutes, Once done, allow it to naturally release for 6 minutes then do a quick release.
- Remove the lid and let sit for 2 minutes, then gradually stir in the parmesan cheese. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Cooking with Karli.