The recipes from the luau continue today with an easy Hawaiian macaroni salad. I have shared a Hawaiian macaroni salad recipe before. This version today is a more simple recipe. I do think I like it better than the one I shared before.
now, I found some larger noodles at the store that I used when I made this. I think the shape was fun and their was even comments about it at the luau. The basis of this salad is macaroni, shredded carrots, and a little shredded onion.
The dressing for this salad is simple – mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, milk, and sugar. Don’t ne alarmed with how runny the dressing looks. The salad sits in the refrigerator for a bit before serving. While it is re4frigerated, the macaroni abosorbs most of the moisture and you end up with a thick coating on the salad.
- 1 lb macaroni
- 2 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, shredded
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Pour into a colinder and rinse with cold water. Allow to drain well and cool for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together mayo, milk, vinergar and sugar. Add the macaroni, carrots, and onion to the mayo mixture and fold together until evenly coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours (best if overnight). Gently stir before serving adding a little more milk if needed to thin, but no more than a tablespoon or two.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Hawaiian
Recipe is adapted from Family Favorite Recipes.