I have several ground beef stroganoff recipes on my site. They are are different and delicious. Today’s easy ground beef stroganoff is one I am partial too because it includes mushrooms! I LOVE mushrooms, but the rest of my family does not.
In a large skillet, I add 1/2 of ground beef to one side of the skillet. Then on the other side of the skillet, I add some diced onion and sliced mushrooms. I keep them separate so I can chop up the ground beef and get that to cook beef cooked a little before mixing it with the mushrooms and onions. However, the fat from the beef with move to the side with the mushrooms and get those going cooking at the same time.
Once all of that gets cooked you drain off any excess grease remaining in the skillet. You add in some garlic and cook for just like 30 seconds. Then a can of cream of mushroom soup is added. You want to cook this with the beef mixture for about 3 minutes. Then you are going to mix in a little sour cream. That’s it. The sauce is ready to ladle over hot cooked egg noodles. You can top with some chopped green onion or parsley to make it look pretty. You can also add a dollop of sour cream on top. I love a little extra sour cream on top.Print
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- chopped parsley or green onion
- additional sour cream
- In a large skillet, add ground beef to one side of the skillet and the mushrooms and onions to the other side. Cook keeping beef separate from mushrooms until beef is nicely grumbled. The mix with mushrooms and onions and cook together until fully cooked.
- Add in garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add in mushroom soup and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the sour cream and mix until combined.
- Serve over top of the hot cooked noodles. Garnish with parsley or green onion if desired. Also, add a dollop of sour cream if desired. Serves 3-4.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.