This post contains affiliate links.
You are going to love tho have the recipe for this Cheesy Vegetable Egg Bake over the next couple of months. It is the perfect breakfast dish to serve during the holiday season. Really, it even makes a great dinner too. I love that it is full of veggies!
The veggies make this dish look festive and is full of flavor. This dish has mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, red bell pepper, and red onion. If there is a veggie you aren’t a fan of, just swap it out for one you do like. Or better yet, you can even swap it out for some ham, bacon, or sausage to get some meat in there if you really want to.
The other great part of this dish is the cheesy aspect. It includes 3 kids of cheeses. There is cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan in this. It’s the perfect trio of cheeses in this cheesy vegetable egg bake. However, feel free to change up the cheeses to your favorite. I think pepper jack or Swiss would be great options to use.
Serve it up with some toast and fruit salad for a well rounded meal. Now, I served it up with a slice of my homemade English muffin bread.Print
Cheesy Vegetable Egg Bake
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed and chopped
- 12 frozen asparagus spears, thawed and chopped into chunks
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat and add the olive oil. Once shimmering, add the vegetables to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are shrunken and browned and the vegetables are softened 7-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper. Add in the vegetables and shredded cheeses. Mix until well combined. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.
- Allow casserole to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Cut the casserole into squares to serve. Serves 12.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Recipe is adapted from ABC4 TV.