I have a great Easy Blueberry Coffee Cake recipe for you that would perfect to include in a breakfast or brunch menu. It’s a simple coffee cake that include plump and juicy blueberries.
Baking mix is what helps make this simple to put together. It creates a tender cake that surrounds those wonderful blueberries. Then it has a a nice crunchy streusel on top.
This is best eaten while it is fresh and warm from the oven!
- 2 1/2 cups baking mix (I used Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- Streusel topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 Tbsp butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the baking mix and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Next add in the sour cream, eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir together just until combined. Batter will be very thick.
- The gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Add the batter to the prepared 9 x 13 inch pan and spread out evenly.
- In another bowl, add the streusel ingredients and cut with a pastry blender until it becomes coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serves 12-16.
Recipe adapted from The Country Cook.