You are going to love easy beef stew casserole. It’s ready in 40 minutes and includes noodles in addition to everything you find in a beef stew.
You begin with cooking some egg noodles. You can bring the water to a boil and cook the noodles while you are cooking the other ingredients for this casserole.
Now you will need some ground beef. You brown it in a skillet. However, you want to leave it into bigger chunks than usual with you are breaking it up. Once you have it browned, you drain off any excess grease and sprinkle some flour over the beef. Then cook for a couple minutes. The flour will help thicken the sauce part of the stew.
Next, you add in some beef broth and bring to a boil. Once that is boiling, you add in some celery, carrots, potato, and onion. Then let this simmer for about 5 minutes to cook the vegetables and thicken the sauce. This is why you want the vegetables small. They need to be on the small side so they cook fast.
Last you mix the noodles in with the beef and vegetable mixture and add it to a baking dish. You are going to place it in the oven for just a bit to warm it all together. Cook it covered for 15 minutes. The uncover it and sprinkle some French fried onions on top. Cook it for 5 more minutes. Another option for sprinkling on top would also be some shredded cheese. I think that would also be delicious!
- EGG NOODLES
- GROUND BEEF
- BEEF STEW SEASONING MIX
- BEEF BROTH
- FRENCH FRIED ONIONS
Easy Beef Stew Casserole
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 pkg (1 oz) beef stew seasoning mix
- 3 cup beef broth
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 3 diced carrots
- 1 medium potato cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- ½ diced onion
- 1 cup fried onions
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown your ground beef leaving it in bigger chunks. Drain off any excess grease.
- Sprinkle the flour over the ground beef and cook for a couple of minutes. Add in your beef broth and pkg of stew seasoning.
- Bring to a boil. Add in you celery, carrots, potato, and onion. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the cooked noodles with the beef mixture.
- Pour beef stew / noodle mixture into a 9×13 casserole dish and cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle crispy fried onions on top. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes. Serves 6-8.
This recipe is adapted from The Typical Mom.